June came and June went. It's always been my favorite month ... school is out, summer is here and it's my birthday month! We had so much fun and lots of celebrations this June. The catch up continues ... Somehow I missed a ton of pics along the way, but this is what I've got.
Anniversary
Heath and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary with a weekend away Horseshoe Bay. We opted to take our boat with us and keep it at their marina. Our first night there, we stayed at the resort. Deciding we didn't have time to leave or get out on the water, we hung out by the pool, had a drink in the bar and had dinner in the restaurant. We spent the next day out on our boat on Lake LBJ. It was overcast and not very hot until later that afternoon. We had a greasy burger on the lake and met up with some friends at the sandbar. An afternoon and many beers later, I was the color of a lobster. ouch. The next day we woke up bright and early (benefits of a baby at home - our internal clocks are set to EARLY) and realized just how red we were. This made our plan to hang by the pool ... well, not such a good plan. We were missing Luke, so decided to head back earlier than planned.
I sure do love this man!
Kristi's Wedding
Kristi is Heath's middle sister and she got married on June 12th to Aaron. He's a police officer here in town and will make a great addition to the Chapman family. Their ceremony was held at the chapel on Southwestern University and it was absolutely beautiful. Nicole and Paige babysat the baby so we could attend sans children and they all did great!
Such a gorgeous bride...

The cute engaged couple

Birthday Celebrations begin!
I went to see Sex In The City 2 at the new Gold Cinemas at the Domain. This place is truly gold class!! Courtney, Julie and Stephanie treated me to a full night of snacks and drinks at this swanky new cinema and we thoroughly enjoyed our girls night out watching this cute chick flick! Super fun way to start my birthday celebrations ... I'm a lucky girl to have such great friends :)
Dallas Trip
Paige really, really wanted to see Idina Menzel in concert this year and when she heard she was coming to Dallas, I think there were promises of cleaning her room and bathroom and whatever other chores I needed ..if I would only take her! Nevermind that this concert was 4 hours away and the day before my birthday. PULLLEEEEEEZZE!!!!
So, off we went! Heath worked a little, we shopped a little and then had a fancy dinner out - just the girls while the boys stayed back in the room.
The concert was phenomenal! I have never in my life heard such an impressive acapella performance. The Dallas Symphony Orchestra stopped their playing, Idina lowered her microphone and sang the best version of "For Good" that I've ever heard. I cried, Paige swooned and Nicole was in awe of her terrific voice.
The next morning, I woke up to room service and coffee in the hotel room. I had scheduled a massage at the spa in the hotel after some major prompting from the ladies at work. SO glad they convinced me to make that call because this was the BEST way to start a birthday. Might have to repeat next year! After my incredible massage I came back to the room to find a sleeping baby (even better). We packed up and headed out .. stopping just out of town to have lunch and a margarita ;) I napped since that's what you do after a midday drink, Heath drove and we got home that afternoon. Good day, people. very good day!
Luke enjoying breakfast in the hotel room
Birthday Party
This year felt pretty monumental .. for some reason 35 sounds ... well. Adult. It seemed appropriate to focus on a big party instead of mourn the passing of my youth. Okay, not really, but I did want a big party! So, I gathered my fellow birthday girls, Julie and Sara to join in the fun. We rented out a room at the 219 West bar downtown and had a great night filled with many drinks, friends and fun.
June Birthday Girls

No comments:
Post a Comment