Friday, July 9, 2010

Crazy May ... Bring it!!

For those of you who are my Facebook friends, you saw my many status updates about crazy May and how it kicked my butt! Every year, I swear schools are trying to make me lose my mind ... by squeezing in Just.One.More.Thing before the school year ends. This year was no different, but we had a lot of fun along the way and I'm forever proud of my girls and all of their accomplishments!

WHS Choir Concert
Nicole hates the dress, but she looks and sounds so great!!


GMS Choir
Paige joined Choir club this year just because she loves to sing and didn't have room in her schedule for the actual class. Luke sat through his first concert and did quite well! He snacked on puffs and listened quietly to the songs. This kid really enjoys music. Could be all the concerts!


Grizzly PRIDE
This is a big deal for kids to be recognized by teachers and staff for exhibiting admirable character traits. Paige was recognized for this month's focus on Empathy by her Theater Director.


8th Grade Awards
Paige was recognized for her academic achievements. The president's award is given to students who have excelled academically and have averaged over 90% for all three years of their middle school career.


10th Grade Academic Awards
**Insert Pictures Here**
Oh, wait that's right. We didn't attend this ceremony because Nicole BEGGED me not to! She was much too busy and way too tired to be bothered with something so insignificant like being recognized for being such a smart kid at WHS. She picked her award up in the principles office and was content. Pick your battles, right?

Mother's Day
My only request this year ... SLEEP and coffee in bed. I got to sleep in, my girls brought me coffee to my room and we had a lazy morning at home. Perfect! Then, we packed up and met my mom and Buddy downtown. We stopped to take a few pictures in front of the capital and then walked down to Starbucks. I just love being downtown ..

Me and my babies

Theatre Awards
Paige had a great year in theater and was a big part of the ceremony. 8th graders were announcers and helped hand out awards. They also put together a very touching goodbye to Ms Dickson.

8th Grade Dance
Seriously ... this is not how I looked in 8th grade!! She was stunning for her red carpet debut at the Black and White Themed Dance. Her mom bought the dress, she did her own hair and borrowed my shoes. Quite impressive!


Lake Travis ... take one
Luke's first time out on the water was one afternoon in late May. Paige was invited to a Party Boat Bday Party so we took her by water. Luke loved it! Paige looked cool to all her friends and Nicole even had some fun ;)



Last Day of School
The last day was emotional this year .. Paige said goodbye to all her friends since she's going to a different high school next year. She's excited about the change and the opportunities, but sad to leave her friends behind. Life lesson in the word bittersweet. Smiles through tears ...

Memorial Day
We met the Danton's out on the lake for a longer day out on the water. Baby napped twice, had a blast in the water and played in the boat. Super fun start to summer!

Life jacket works!
Gotta wear shades ...

Whew!!

I don't know about you, but I don't think we could have fit another thing in... and those were just the highlights!! Crazy May brought it and I survived another year :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

Well I guess your busy May excuses you for being late for the report on it. Good to see you back updating the blog!

I'm very proud of your girls too!