You think? Somehow, my effort to work out most days has taken what little free time I felt like I had. It's been a rude discovery to realize the baby weight doesn't fall off over night now that I'm in my 30's, so I'm actually having to work at it and watch what I eat ... you know like every other normal mom does. That said, I haven't taken the time to take very many pictures. I know ... gasp! Don't worry though because "not very many" to me is still more than most third children get. Luke has already started to wonder if the paparazzi have moved in permanently!
When Heath asked me the other day why I hadn't blogged, I asked him what on earth I would write about. I mean, here's a snap shot of my typical morning:
Can you stand the excitement?!? ;)
In all seriousness, we spend most of our day just staring at this sweet boy. There's nothing cuter than a sleeping baby ... I enjoy this view often, but it rarely lasts more than 30 minutes during the day. Here, he's sporting his new long sleeves now that the weather has turned a bit cooler.
We make silly faces and sing to him just to see him smile:
We snuggle with him as much as he'll let us. He loves our walks and drives in the car. He enjoys a book or two before he loses interest and has just discovered Baby Einstein videos ... and mom gets an elliptical workout in!
He found his hands and LOVES them:
Outside of this most enjoyable time suck, there's much time playing taxi for these girls. There's theater practice, book club, French club, choir club, Japanese culture club, environmental club and usually some project to work on that keeps these girls busy after school. Thankfully, Heath shares that fun with me! It helps when we only have to make that "commute" once a day instead of twice. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm looking forward to next year when Paige is a freshman simply because they'll be at the same school and on the same schedule. This getting out at different times is difficult! Then there's the added bonus of Nicole getting her license and doing the driving :) Crazy, I know!
They both had school dances recently. There was a slight emergency in the last hour when Paige couldn't find her dress. It may be at Dad's house so she raided my closet. I was certain nothing would fit her, but she remembered a little black number that I bought long ago (will I ever be that size again?). It fit and she looked great! Only in the mad dash to get dressed and out the door on time, I didn't get a picture. She felt too dressed up, there was drama (as always) but she had a great time.
Nicole didn't have a date this year (that silly boy didn't ask her), but instead of hiding out at home in her disappointment, she made plans to go over to her friend's house to get ready and go together. I did her hair before she left, but since I wasn't there to see her dressed and ready, she took a few pics at my request. Okay, I told her she had to. It doesn't appear that I had to twist her arm very hard, though.
Before the Dance:
Parul and her date
The theme for this year's dance was a mascaraed, so Nicole used her bridesmaids dress from her dad's wedding and we found the perfect mask. She and her friends had a great time and were asleep by 2am ... late night but lots of fun!
1 comment:
Yay, so glad you updated it. He is so adorable in the hat, well in all of them but that's my favorite.
Post a Comment