Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What month is it?



So much to do ... so little time. I don't seem to keep up with my blog much these days. Why you might ask? Well, these three keep me pretty busy :)


I have been wanting to get a current picture of my babies all together for awhile now. Tonight, I took 3 seconds and made them stop just long enough to get one. and I like it! How did I manage to get one with ALL of them smiling at once?!? I don't know, but I'll take it. Normally, they look something like this ...

Nicole is super busy with a super ginormous full load of IB and AP classes along with forced to take some time to visit colleges. We have ONE, count it, ONE college on her list that she'd like to apply to. We visited St. Edward's Univ here in Austin last week and she actually uttered the words, "I think I might like to go here." I almost fell over. In addition to that, she's in choir for her last year and has a boyfriend that she likes to spend time with in her free time. If only she could find some free time.

Paige has recently returned to us. She's been on loan to her school Theatre director full time for the One Act Play that followed her Footloose performance. OAP rehearsals started a week after Footloose ended and there were lots and lots of late nights. She got the lead role in You Can't Take it With You and was awarded All Star Cast in their District performance last month. She is making stellar grades and has found her "theatre family" at her new school which makes us both happy.

They both participated in Choir UIL this week, which meant more rehearsals and some late night pick ups. Yesterday, they both were at the same contest and actually saw eachother during the school day. Being at two different high schools, this is not a usual occurance. Both schools did quite well bringing home mostly and all "1's" depending on the day. Since they were both in their black formal choir dresses one the same day, I had to capture this moment. of course.



And then there were three. Luke is thoroughly enjoying his new daycare which isn't so new anymore. He gets so excited to "go to school" each day that he's the first to the door when we say it's time to go in the mornings. When I picked him up yesterday evening and we did our usual "say goodbye to your friends", he waved and said "Ba, Pau". He said goodbye to his friend Paul and then to Miss Jordan. It was the cutest damn thing. It's just as exciting with baby number 3 as it was with the first two when he learns new things. I just love this phase where they start to verbalize what they've been thinking all along. He's still the tallest one in his class and barely fits in his lunch seat. He will be moving up to his next class in June. eek! bring on the 2's. I think. Mommy may need some more wine for this.


Speaking of wine, Spring Break threw me off my plan, but I've tried really hard to cut back and cut out wine for the sake of reaching my weight loss goal. That and every other morsel of food that tastes good. Lots of bland food, less of it and a crap-ton of water. That's a technical term and so far so good. I'm 3 pounds away from Pre-Baby weight which has been super exciting. I've pulled out some of my old clothes so fast from those boxes gathering dust that I almost got whiplash! Jeans from before my 55lb pregnancey have never felt so good. Who cares that I have to hold my breath to wear them ;)


Heath and I are just plugging away at work and both doing well. He is still selling more salt than I knew possible and I'm still amazing myself that I've learned geek-talk to integrate ERP systems with Dell's back end System. We're dreaming of all the home projects to do - build a fence, rip out our carpets and stain the concrete, along with painting rooms and redecorating. Only those dreams are more nightmares lately when we've convinced ourselves we should do it all on our own!


and with that .. you're almost caught up. Life is crazy, it keeps me on my toes, but I wouldn't trade it. It's chaotic, but it's mine and just like Days of Our Lives ends each episode ... these are the Loves of my Life!

1 comment:

Native Austinite said...

At least your last blog post dates in this calendar year!!! I am excited to see the pics and hear how EveryOne has been doing. Why is there always more to say about the kids than ourselves?! LOL xxoo