I took the week off this year to spend time with my children. Benefit of being with the company for 10 years is that I have four weeks of vacation to use. Heath has one week this year, so we'll have to be creative to stretch his out and use up all mine. Oh, yeah .. twist my arm to take off for a full week in March ;)
We tossed around many ideas, but landed on going to San Antonio for a few days. Heath was able to work while we played and he didn't have to spend another night away from baby boy. Got a room at the last minute and after finding a temporary home for Miss Mali, we were off. (Thanks again Randa and Ryan!!) We drove down on a rainy and very cold Tuesday morning. By the time we made it to SA, the rain had cleared and it warmed every so slightly. Still chilly by TX standards, especially since we've been teased with Sun AND 70 degree weather. The kids and I still managed to have a good time watching the Sea Lion show, seeing the Dolphins and Nicole riding the Steel Eel.














The rest of Spring Break was the Break part .. we stayed up late, ordered pizza too many times, played games and slept in. It was heaven.
We tossed around many ideas, but landed on going to San Antonio for a few days. Heath was able to work while we played and he didn't have to spend another night away from baby boy. Got a room at the last minute and after finding a temporary home for Miss Mali, we were off. (Thanks again Randa and Ryan!!) We drove down on a rainy and very cold Tuesday morning. By the time we made it to SA, the rain had cleared and it warmed every so slightly. Still chilly by TX standards, especially since we've been teased with Sun AND 70 degree weather. The kids and I still managed to have a good time watching the Sea Lion show, seeing the Dolphins and Nicole riding the Steel Eel.
Luke picked out his first souvenier and LOVES this Sea Otter we've names Ollie:
Paige's choice was a set of PJ's ... that's what happens when you don't listen to your mom and wear shorts to Sea World when it's cold. oh yeah .. I'm the one who bought the PJ's.
Dangit .. Paige 1, Mom 0.
After a long afternoon, we spent the next long while deciding on where to eat. One hour wait after another, we finally decided to weather the wait at the Magic Time Machine! Sooo glad we did. Luke did great .. we fed him while the girls played pool in what was going to be a karaoke bar a little later in the evening. We got to our table to learn that BATMAN would be waiting on us! and this people is where my 14 yr old smiled... and continued to smile throughout the entire dinner. The girls laughed and Dora from a table over kept popping in with silly, but very cute jokes. 
Batman!!
After what was the worst hotel stay in the history of all hotel overnights, we decided to check out early and head home after a little sightseeing. Heath went into the office and we went to the Alamo and the RiverWalk. The girls had never been to the Alamo ... um, do I get Texas parent of the year for that? It's practically in my backyard. In my defense, I do believe the last time I went, I was pushing Nicole in a stroller, but this time it was Luke. He slept and we strolled. Following our educational stop of Spring Break, we strolled up and down the RiverWalk before ending up at the mall. This, just so you know, makes teenagers happy.
Also ... Spring Break means every one of these places is a wee bit busy. It took us quite some time to make our way out of SA up 35, but we slowly made it and by Gruene decided to stop for dinner at the Gristmill. I love this town!! We had a very yummy dinner where we ate and then Luke decided to eat his dad's phone. too funny if you haven't seen his YouTube, check it out.
The rest of Spring Break was the Break part .. we stayed up late, ordered pizza too many times, played games and slept in. It was heaven.
and then I had to go back to work. :(
1 comment:
I wish every week was spring break...
Post a Comment